Posts tagged how to
Probably you thought about a betting software and what advantage it can give you. In this article I’ll explain how to choose a right software for your needs.
1. First of all think if you are ready to switch from manual betting to automated betting using a software. Automated betting and using a software requires certain knowledge in betting. At least you should be familiar with Betfair or Betdaq (because most of the software bots that you can find will work only with these two betting exchanges). You should understand how betting exchanges work. If you are a novice in betting world or only start trying Betfair, it is not good idea to immediately get your hands on a betting software or a bot. Most likely it will be hard to understand how the software works and all its options because a bot is usually much more sophisticated than website of a betting exchange (Betfair or Betdaq). So to summarize, you should try bots and software only when you are familiar with all options that Betfair has to offer including lay betting, BSP betting and inplay betting.
2. Trading or betting. You should decide if you want to trade or just bet on Betfair. Because there are basically two different types of betting software. Trading software is good when your objective is to manually trade on Betfair, e.g. place a back bets and then green it up with lay bet on the same horse making a profit. However such software can’t handle betting systems or fallow tipsters. If you want to use a betting system, i.e. automatically place a sequence of bets in different races aiming to make a profit or automatically load selections from a tipster you need a betting bot or Betfair bot. Such software can’t trade but has other advantages like staking plans and sophisticated betting conditions. If you are reading this article, most likely you are a novice and trading will be too difficult for you.
3. Specialized software. It is not possible to have a betting bot that will do everything good. For example, horse racing and football betting are quite different, especially when it comes to inplay betting. So if you are certain you will be betting on football, it’s betting to grab a dedicated betting bot for football markets. Likewise if you are not interested in football betting, look at software that works only with horse racing and greyhounds. You will be able to take most of it then.
4. Mac, Windows or Mobile. There are much bigger choice of betting software made for Windows than for Mac OS. Only few bots are made for mobiles. One of options for Mac users is to rent a VPS (virtual private server) that can host a bot made for Windows. There are, however, bots that you can access from any device (Mac, Windows or Mobile), for example, 5starbot.
5. Price. Basically two options available on the market: Subscription and one time payment. Subscription can be either monthly or annual. Make sure you understand what you get for the price. Some companies stop providing support of the software after 1 year if payment is one off.
And one more tip. Customer support. Contact the company that makes betting software you are considering to buy. Note how prompt they get back to you. This matters because if you have any requests or questions in future, it’s important when someone if around to help you.